Advanced Shipping Rules connects as a calculated rate to your shipping zones in the Shopify shipping settings.
Shopify Admin > Settings > Shipping > Manage Rates
Below you see a two rates connected to the zone:
- Ground Shipping, a native Shopify rates
- Advanced Shipping Rules, a carrier service rate
- The app has no access to the Ground Shipping rate
- It cannot make adjustments to the Ground Shipping rate
- It cannot combine with the Ground Shipping rate
- When the app is connected to a zone it can only show rates at checkout, or not show rates at checkout.
- As long as the native rate Ground Shipping is part of the shipping zone, it will always show at checkout as Ground Shipping for $12, and there is nothing the app can do to stop it.
- The only way to stop a pre-existing rate from showing at checkout is to manually remove it from the zone