Product groups are used to configure unique shipping rates for different groups of products in your shop.
Examples of using Product Groups:
Groups for different dropship vendors
The classic example of using a product group would be to set-up rates for each of your different dropship vendors.
Free Shipping Products
For some products you offer free shipping, so just create a new group for those products, and add your regular rates to the Default group.
Different Per Item Ship Costs
Set-up groups of products with the same ship cost. So a group for products that ship $5/item, a group for products that ship $10/item, etc.
Different carrier rate settings
You could have one group of products that are large and ship in their own box, so you can create a group for them, and add carrier rates with package settings that are for a product shipping in its own box.
Add Product Group
For a in-depth explanation of adding product groups and assigning products to a group click the link below:
- User Manual: Product Groups
Add Rates to the New Group
For an in-depth explanation of the shipping rate options and adding rates to a group click the link below.
- Get Started With Advanced Shipping Rules: Add Rates
When there is a single product group in an order
- When there is a single product group in an order, the app will show whatever rates have been set-up for that group.
When there are multiple product groups in an order
- When there are multiple product groups in an order, the app will show a blended rate. Which by default will add together the lowest cost shipping rate from each product group together.
Next in Getting Started
Getting Started with Advanced Shipping Rules
Before you Start
- Calculated Rate feature is required to be active on your shop
- How the app connects to and syncs with your Shopify Shipping Settings
Testing Rates and Going Live
- Test rates at checkout while in Test Mode
- Bust the shipping cache when testing
- Switch to Live Mode and manually remove your pre-existing rates
Common 'gotchas' while setting-up the app
- The app cannot modify, edit, adjust, control, influence, or hide your pre-existing rates
- Be careful if you didn't re-configure your existing rates into the Default group